My latest intellectual crush is British philosopher Mary Midgley. She writes with brilliance on, among other things, dogmatic science, the way we use art to help us understand our place in the world and most eloquently on the mind / body problem. I haven’t read philosophy for fun in a long time and this was like going to my very own festival of thought, in a private park, all in my head. ‘Science and Poetry’ is surely destined to be a classic; I also recommend ‘The Solitary Self: Darwin and the Selfish Gene’ and ‘Are you an Illusion?’ She’s 95 by the way – and amazing.
My Latest Tweets
- RT @sciencecampaign: Delighted to see @CommonsSTC setting up new immigration inquiry to directly deal with CaSE FOI request revealing Ti… https://t.co/METH1aFQL9, 20 hours ago
- RT @hayfestival: "If we took a dot of brain tissue the size of a sugar grain, it would contain roughly 10,000 nerve cells" -… https://t.co/pKHf6Qb38l, 21 hours ago
- RT @frankiemullin: Tonight! Luca from @sexworkeurope will be talking about sex workers’ fight for decrim across Europe. Come! Hosted b… https://t.co/zYLp9mT9hh, May 16
- RT @archillect: https://t.co/Z9bdKwYJWm, May 16
- RT @evakaylive: wow it's like nobody saw this coming .... .... .... .... .... .... except us. this is why y'all need to start LIST… https://t.co/l5ZSgNRXx6, May 16