My latest intellectual crush is British philosopher Mary Midgley. She writes with brilliance on, among other things, dogmatic science, the way we use art to help us understand our place in the world and most eloquently on the mind / body problem. I haven’t read philosophy for fun in a long time and this was like going to my very own festival of thought, in a private park, all in my head. ‘Science and Poetry’ is surely destined to be a classic; I also recommend ‘The Solitary Self: Darwin and the Selfish Gene’ and ‘Are you an Illusion?’ She’s 95 by the way – and amazing.
My Latest Tweets
- RT @mj_sprackland: Ooh, there's going to be a second referendum! https://t.co/rSdy0ncgVA, Jul 16
- RT @GaryLineker: Well as the football’s finished... https://t.co/CEAKWHrIBM, Jul 16
- RT @ProstitutesColl: If you haven't done so already, please respond to this survey by the end of today! Crucial that as many people as p… https://t.co/uEoqm58nyM, Jul 16
- Hamlet. Keep Ken Branagh Horatio: Kermit Ophelia: Miss Piggy Ghost: Sam Claudius: Gonzo Gertrude: Chicken Polonius… https://t.co/GdiaQYZkgE, Jul 16
- RT @ananavarro: I had to look some of these British slang words up in the urban dictionary, and 🙉🙊🙈 British “humour” is in a class… https://t.co/i9KeeLBTiW, Jul 16