My latest intellectual crush is British philosopher Mary Midgley. She writes with brilliance on, among other things, dogmatic science, the way we use art to help us understand our place in the world and most eloquently on the mind / body problem. I haven’t read philosophy for fun in a long time and this was like going to my very own festival of thought, in a private park, all in my head. ‘Science and Poetry’ is surely destined to be a classic; I also recommend ‘The Solitary Self: Darwin and the Selfish Gene’ and ‘Are you an Illusion?’ She’s 95 by the way – and amazing.
My Latest Tweets
- RT @Number10cat: My pal @annastewartcnn helping to keep my mousing skills finely tuned https://t.co/hQJmy3BIYV, Aug 30
- RT @Channel4News: These Conservative MPs warned against the proroguing of parliament. Now they are all cabinet ministers in Boris Jo… https://t.co/DrCVLfetHY, Aug 30
- RT @Pensage: Friends, colleagues, & followers in London, THE LOST OKOROSHI (see thread) has been selected to screen at the @BFI'… https://t.co/ulYM4g1m49, Aug 30
- RT @Pensage: Rumi 💗🙏 https://t.co/CMRBEWVHuj, Aug 19
- RTing for the American couple I met in a tiny café in Morocco who asked me, "What's going on with Brex_t?" https://t.co/8A8j3qpOBw, Aug 18