My latest intellectual crush is British philosopher Mary Midgley. She writes with brilliance on, among other things, dogmatic science, the way we use art to help us understand our place in the world and most eloquently on the mind / body problem. I haven’t read philosophy for fun in a long time and this was like going to my very own festival of thought, in a private park, all in my head. ‘Science and Poetry’ is surely destined to be a classic; I also recommend ‘The Solitary Self: Darwin and the Selfish Gene’ and ‘Are you an Illusion?’ She’s 95 by the way – and amazing.
My Latest Tweets
- RT @CarolineLucas: 2015 - Banned onshore wind projects 2015 - Scrapped warm homes standards 2016 - Shafted solar energy 2017 - Flogged… https://t.co/nGVOSOn5YN, 10 hours ago
- RT @EthicsInBricks: The School of Athens 2.0. Top row (left to right): Judith Butler, Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie, Simone de Beauvoir, Ha… https://t.co/nDCoTr0NLD, 18 hours ago
- RT @SexWorkHive: Have you sold or traded sex in the UK and been affected by the rollout of Universal Credit? If so we have created a… https://t.co/dncScfjluS, Apr 17
- RT @ViragoBooks: Did Daphne du Maurier predict Brexit in 1972? Reading #RuleBritannia you would be forgiven for thinking that was… https://t.co/YOUxsOlJTm, Apr 17
- RT @vnbateman: #BookLaunch: You're invited! If you're in Cambridge UK on 25 April & would like to come along to my book launch at… https://t.co/DUDLv40aTP, Apr 17