My latest intellectual crush is British philosopher Mary Midgley. She writes with brilliance on, among other things, dogmatic science, the way we use art to help us understand our place in the world and most eloquently on the mind / body problem. I haven’t read philosophy for fun in a long time and this was like going to my very own festival of thought, in a private park, all in my head. ‘Science and Poetry’ is surely destined to be a classic; I also recommend ‘The Solitary Self: Darwin and the Selfish Gene’ and ‘Are you an Illusion?’ She’s 95 by the way – and amazing.
My Latest Tweets
- RT @carolecadwalla: OMG. Facebook knows when you're having your period. *Even if you're not on Facebook* https://t.co/784ihutIEi, Feb 22
- RT @doctor_oxford: How can @theresa_may possibly threaten a No Deal Brexit when the Royal College of Radiologists says NHS trusts may… https://t.co/IB8JmU3YaB, Feb 22
- RT @Howard_Goodall: Bizarre. Both Con & Lab leadership saying recent defecting MPs should face by-elections, yet it is they who have re… https://t.co/bjJCrcUteD, Feb 22
- RT @acaseforbooks: Honestly why would you even write books for adults?! https://t.co/PmNGh4FTW2, Feb 21
- RT @The_Blue_Cross: 1945: To help servicemen bring dogs back from overseas, our boarding kennels in Blackheath, London, were used for q… https://t.co/uJ4JPwMXDY, Feb 21