I’ve given talks in settings as large as a concert hall and as small as somebody’s dining room. I promise to deliver an insightful, heartfelt and well-informed presentation. I give my listeners the kind of thought and attention I would wish to receive.
‘Perfectly judged and delivered and everyone enjoyed it enormously.’ – Juliet B.
‘Katie, we just wanted you to know we loved every moment spent with you.’ – Eleanor W.
‘Outstanding! Wonderful insight and enthusiasm.’ – Glynis
My expertise includes writing, art, Suffragettes, and Shakespeare. I offer topics such as . . .
- ‘She was Troubled at His Saying’: the Annunciation in Art
- Greed, Sex and Death: Art in the Dutch Golden Age
- ‘Paintress’: the Contribution of Women Artists
- Selfies from the 14th Century to Now
- Hay Wains and Nighthawks: Painting Place
- Pain in Art
- Can We Know Someone From a Portrait?
- Naïve and Abstract: Can Anyone Do That?
- Girl Reading
- Star-crossed: Romeo and Juliet
- ‘To Be, Or Not To Be’ (and Other Questions Posed by Hamlet)
- Twelfth Night: Shakespeare’s Take on Enduring Love
- Superstitious Macbeth
- Maligned: The Merchant of Venice
- Shakespeare’s Great Women
- Much Ado About Nothing: the Original Romantic Comedy
- Shakespeare’s Obsession: Fathers and Daughters
- The Tempest: Mental World vs Physical World
- Shakespeare, Son of a Glove-maker
- ‘Hotbloods’: the Militant Suffragettes
My appearances include: New Wolsey Theatre; Ipswich Institute; U3A (University of the Third Age); Bath Literary Festival; Critics’ Choice, Naples, Florida; Ipswich Arts Association; Taunton Literary Festival; and Suffolk Book League. Radio includes Front Row and Open Book on Radio 4, BBC Suffolk and BBC Norfolk. Girl Reading was also selected for Channel 4’s TV Book Club.
Please email me regarding public speaking engagements: firstname.lastname@example.org